Money makes the world go round in Pokemon Scarlett and Violet. Players can use it to purchase countless items, from must-haves like Pokeballs or Potions to sandwich ingredients or custom clothing for their character.
While Coaches can pay League Points (LP) for certain things, Cold Money still works well and gives them what they need. But how do you make money fast?
To put it simply, there are several ways to do it. The old amulet currency from previous games, which collects money after training battles, is still there. However, the new Pokemon Scarlet and Violet features provide more ways to raise funds quickly.
New methods are being developed by the Pokémon Community all the time, but it never hurts to look at two of the biggest ways to make money.
Glitching a picnic and farming terra red are two of the best ways to make money fast in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
While each Pokemon Scarlet and Violet trainer will likely have their own money-making tips, there are a few that can be built upon after making progress in their Paldean journeys.
If you have access to the Asado Desert and Picnics or be able to access Tera Raid Battles on the map you should be in for two great ways to earn some cash. Either method can earn you hundreds of thousands of dollars in a relatively short period of time.
Steps to make money with picnic glitch in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet (may be fixed later)
- Disable autosave in your settings, as you will need to reload a save to take advantage of this bug.
- Head to the Asado Desert and find a shiny object on the ground. Don’t pick it up yet. Instead, save your remote game in the pause menu.
- Pick up the shiny object. If the item is a Star Piece, you’re in luck. Quit the game and reload the save booklet you created before recovering Star Piece.
- Open the pause menu and start the picnic. The egg basket must cover the star on the ground for the insect to work properly.
- Prepare an amazing peanut butter sandwich. If you don’t have the recipe yet, mix bananas, butter and peanut butter in creative mode for a picnic.
- Once the sandwich is consumed, the star pieces will start to accumulate over time in your egg basket. You can then pick up the star coins from the cart and sell them for a big profit. Make sure you don’t leave the picnic area or quit the game, as more star coins need to be collected regularly. Be sure to check every half hour to every hour to see how much you have.
Steps to earn money by farming in Tera Raid in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
- Check your map or region for Tera Raid Crystals. They can be found with gem-like icons on the map and will show up as Tera Raids when you hover over them with your mouse pointer. Off the map, Terra Raids are noted by large crystal formations that shimmer in different parts of Baldia.
- Approach the Tera Crystal and press A. This will bring up a preview of the boss you’ll encounter with its Tera type, so be sure to pick the Pokemon that is the boss type for best results (e.g. types water to beat fire, etc. that) or at least one that uses moves that can do very effective damage.
- Choose to raid solo or online. You’ll need a Nintendo Switch Online membership to bring other trainers, or you can take on the boss with NPC trainers if you choose to go it alone. However, keep in mind that bosses with higher stars can be difficult to defeat with NPCs.
- Dive into the raid and defeat the boss. Whether or not you choose to capture it afterwards, you will receive many items after the battle is over. Event Raids Special Flash Roll should give you valuable items including mints, ability capsules, mushrooms, and pearls. These items will fetch you a hefty amount of money when sold at a Pokemon Center Item Shop.
While Game Freak can fix the exit exploit in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, it still seems to work in the latest 1.1.0 patch. However, the Tera Raid culture should be a stable way to earn money in the future. Additionally, trainers may want to repeat Ace Academy Championship while using the mascot piece in another way (if they have access to the contest).
If all else fails, take it upon yourself Star Team Base Challenges You can get a decent amount of money for Pokemon trainers. However, these methods are not as profitable as Star Piece mining or Tera Raid farming.
Edited by Rachel Semliye