Vancouver Canucks president Farhan Lalji said on Friday that Vancouver Canucks president Jim Rutherford is investigating everything that happened with injured forward Tanner Pearson.
General Manager Patrick Alvin announced Thursday that Pearson will miss the remainder of the season after undergoing a second surgery on his injured hand following a setback in his recovery.
This is the second operation the 30-year-old has undergone since the first in November.
Rutherford says he’s trying to hold a conference call with all parties to determine “if there’s anything we can do better moving forward,” and he hopes Pearson and his agent will be involved.
According to Rutherford, the operation was performed by a Canucks hand surgeon, who is considered one of the best in Vancouver.
The 73-year-old also told Lalgy that Pearson had a second opinion earlier in the process and if he wanted more information and another opinion, “we would encourage him to do so, if that is the case.” what he wants in the future. ”
He also said he had not heard from the league or the players’ union about it.
Pearson has been out of action since November 9 and has one goal and five points in 14 games this season.
Canucks defenseman Quinn Hughes expressed concern about his teammate Thursday and said the team hasn’t handled things well.
“I feel bad for him. I mean, he wasn’t handled very well, you know, it’s not a very good situation he’s put himself in, and I hope he’s OK,” Hughes said.
On Friday, Hughes said he wasn’t trying to assign blame, attributing his comments to frustration with what Pearson has been through.