The recent Minecraft Java Edition screenshots were incredibly helpful in showing us all the new content that is expected to be released in the 1.20 update. As of February 1, 2023, Mojang has released another new snapshot, 23w05a, which brings further improvements and changes to the content shown in the previous image.
Players who played snapshot 23w04a probably had a good time learning about the new armor tuning feature. However, the 23w05 shot offered more ways for players to cut through their shields.
Players can now add trim to leather armor. They could also put edges of a material on a shield of the same material. For example, a gold ornament could be added to a piece of gold armor.
On top of all that, this plan also revamped the world creation menu, making it even easier to create a new world in the game.
Easily download and install Minecraft Java Snapshot 23w05a using official game launcher
In years past, playing the new Minecraft: Java version snapshots required players to download and run an individual jar file. However, thanks for including The Official Game Launcher is no longer the case.
With just a few clicks, gamers can download and install a specific installation of the Java edition that allows them to experience new in-game features in moments.
Download times vary by player Internet connection speed. However, a strong connection should enable a download that takes no more than a few seconds.
Here is how to download, install and run Java Snapshot 23w05a:
- Open the Minecraft launcher and log in with your official Mojang or Microsoft credentials if prompted.
- When the launcher loads, select the Java Edition icon in the sidebar to the left of the start screen.
- To the left of the green Play button, click the drop-down arrow next to the text that usually says “Latest Version”, followed by the current version of the game that’s installed.
- When the drop-down menu expands, select “Most Recent Snapshot” from the list.
- Click the play button. All required files will be downloaded and installed automatically in your directory.
- Once the download process is complete, Minecraft: Java Edition should open and you can enjoy the game.
To ensure that you take advantage of the full range of new features in this Java Snapshot, you should ensure that the Experimental Possibility data set.
This can be accomplished by going to world settings or creating a new world, selecting the “More” button and clicking the “Data Pack” button. You can then click on the arrows in the “Bundle” and “update_1_20” data bundles to activate all possible experimental features offered by the snapshot as a preview of Update 1.20.
Where Version 1.20 may still be a long way off, these Java Edition screenshots are a great way to take advantage of an upcoming game’s features before it’s released. It also provides critical data collection and bug testing functionality for Mojang, which uses player data and feedback to improve content before it is released in the next major update.
Edited by Rachel Semliye